If you made it this far through the help guide, congratulations and thanks for reading! Hopefully you've found these Help pages useful. Let us know if you feel like something is missing or in need of attention. Or just make the change yourself!
So what now?
How can you help?
Wondering where to begin?
- Edit as you go.
- You don't need to have something in particular in mind. Just use the site as you normally would. But now if you find a mistake you know how to fix it and if you see an article that needs some work you can pitch in.
- Follow your interests.
- If you want to do some more intentional editing, then start with your interests. Take a look at articles related to a topic that you find most interesting.
- Look at the curriculum
If you're not sure what to write about then look at the curriculum for inspiration.
- Convert presentations
Convert a presentation you've done into an article or use it to improve an already existing article.
- Look at Wanted pages
Need more help?
If you want more help, we recommend the following options:
- Look for something similar.
- If you're trying to do something in an article and aren't sure how to get it right, look for somewhere that it's been done before and imitate it!
- Ask for help.
- Email or message me for help.
- Turn to other wikis
- While there are some differences between different Wikis, they work pretty much the same way. So if you can figure out how something is done on Wikipedia, it very well might work the same way here! Wikipedia has thorough Help pages and guides for you to make use of. Another very extensive (though less user friendly) resource is MediaWiki. This site has also taken inspiration from WikEM.org (Emergency medicine wiki), Wikiskripta.eu (Czech medical school wiki with >9000 articles), Coppermind.net (non medical website), and WikiDoc
The Number One Rule
Just need to reiterate this one last time. You cannot mess anything up. So get out there and edit to your hearts content! If a mistake happens, it might even be fixed before you even realize it!
Creative Commons Sources
Check out the help file on Creative Commons for a list of places to find content that is able to be reused on this website.